Coaching young players, developing their skills,
and cultivating a love for the sport may be the most rewarding
experience baseball can offer. Cal and Bill Ripken understand this like
From their father, Cal Sr., a legend in the Baltimore Orioles
organization for 37 years, they learned to play the game the right way.
Those lessons, paired with their combined 33 years of big league
experience, helped develop the Ripken Way, a method of teaching the game
through simple instruction, solid explanations, encouragement, and a
positive atmosphere. In Coaching Youth Baseball the Ripken Way
, Cal and Bill share this approach to coaching and development.
Whether youíre teaching your children at home, managing the local travel team, or working with high school-level players, Coaching Youth Baseball the Ripken Way
will help you make a difference both on and off the field, with these features:
- More than 50 drills covering defense, hitting, pitching, and baserunning
- Age-specific practice plans for players ranging from 4 to 15+
- Strategies for setting goals and reasonable expectations for your players and team
- Advice on communicating with parents, players, and staff
- Methods for creating a positive and fun environment in which kids can learn the skills and strategies of the game
Bill Ripken was once voted by his peers as one of the big league players
most likely to become a manager. Cal Ripken, Jr., known as baseballís
Iron Man, is a member of the gameís All-Century Team and a future Hall
of Famer. Together, they are proof positive that the Ripken Way is the
right way to teach the game of baseball.