Superior adhesive and sealant easily repairs all types of footwear.
Apply directly from the tube to worn out areas and harden overnight.
The tough, flexible consistency can build up worn away areas or mend rubber soles
or tears in canvas or leather tops.Directions:Please read all directions before using.
SHOE GOO should be used in a well-ventilated area.
- Surface should be clean, dry and free of dirt. For best results,
roughen surface before use. Best when used between 70°F and 85°F (21 - 30 Degrees Celsius)
- Puncture seal at the top of the tube using the pointer cap.
- Always test a small area to ensure proper application technique and dry time. Prolonged exposure to warm water may cause discoloration and possible loss of adhesion when exposed to chemicals used in hot tubs and poolsespecially in
May be weakened by contact with certain highly plasticized materials.
- Apply SHOE GOO directly to each surface to be bonded or repaired.
Allow SHOE GOO to partially cure, 2-10 minutes, before bringing surfaces together. SHOE GOO hardens by solvent evaporation and forms an immediate bond that is difficult to reposition after both adhesive-coated surfaces are placed in contact with each other and sufficient pressure is exerted to establish full contact.
- Allow the repair to dry for 24 hours. Various materials will require different drying times. Cure time increases with lower temperatures and decreases with higher temperatures. Depending on the materials and the temperature, maximum strength may not be reached for 48 to 72 hours.
- Keep threads at the neck of the tube free of SHOE GOO residue.
To ensure easy cap removal, apply a thin coat of petroleum jelly
to the threads of the tube before replacing the cap.
- Clean uncured adhesive with small amounts of acetone and paint thinner. The adhesive will ball up and brush off. Cured material may be removed by cutting or scraping.
- Store unused SHOE GOO at room temperature with cap tightened.
|Answers to Shoe GOO Questions|
|Is there a special application technique for shoe repair?|
|Shoe GOO is an adhesive specially formulated with extra abrasion-resistance |
and thickness to extend the life of all kinds of shoes.
If a worn shoe has a hole that goes all the way through the sole,
tape over the hole inside the shoe before applying Shoe GOO to the outer sole;
this will help avoid creating a bump.
The tape should be removed from the inside and all bumps smoothed out
within 2 hours, before the glue is completely hard.
|Can Shoe GOO be used as a waterproof sealant?|
|Yes, Shoe GOO is water resistant immediately upon application. |
Apply Shoe GOO directly to the surface to be sealed.
Use thin coats of Shoe GOO to build a thick coating on the surface to be sealed,
allowing each layer to set 3 to 4 hours.
This is especially ideal for smooth surfaces, such as plastic, glass or ceramic.
Shoe GOO hardens by solvent evaporation,
so allow time for thorough hardening to ensure proper bonding and wear resistance.
|How long does Shoe GOO take to dry?|
|A full cure takes 24 to 72 hours, depending on the surrounding environment. |
With lower temperatures and higher humidity, cure time increases;
with higher temperatures, cure time decreases.
To speed drying time, apply heat using a hand-held dryer set on low.
Hold dryer at least 6 inches from the surface.