This is one of the most impressive and complete products we have seen for a long time.
The Proline Armadillo Umpire Chest Protector.
- The neck line is constructed using an ABS plastic plate surrounded by two layers of high density foam.
- The foam on the chest protector is aerated to be lightweight, very strong and designed to distribute the impact force over a larger area.
- The chest protector has removable bicep armour. The bicep armour is integrated in to the whole protector and not a separate item.
- The chest protector has an additional armour plate protecting the join between the upper and lower shoulder armour.
- The inner lining is CoolMax fabric ensuring the highest possibe comfort in hot weather.
- The chest protector has a unique additional velcro attached apron to ensure complete protection for taller umpires.
- Velcro attached, removable rib armour protection.
- Wrap around kidney armour protection.
- "5-Point Adjustment System" to ensure the best fit and highest level of comfort.
The Armadillo has the armor formed by plates of dermal bone covered in relatively small, overlapping epidermal scales called "Scutes", composed of bone with a covering of horn. Most species have rigid shields over the shoulders and hips, with a number of bands separated by flexible skin covering the back and flanks. Additional armor covers the top of the head, the upper parts of the limbs, and the tail. The underside of the animal is never armored, and is simply covered with soft skin and fur.